To complement the existing capabilities of component manufacture, repairs, field services and spares supply capabilities, CEL inaugurated its Rotor Overhaul facility in the year 2012.
The facility has the capability of complete turbine and compressor rotor de-stacking, refurbishment, re-building and balancing. The company’s Rotor Overhaul facility is spread across 2000 m2 of shop floor, office, store, quality and inspection areas and is well equipped with imported machines, tools & tackles, jigs & fixtures and measuring & inspection instruments which include a shot blasting system, vertical turret lathe, 10 meters long – 50 ton Skoda lathe, Schenck balancing machines, conventional milling machines, blade tip grinding machine, Schenck moment weight balancing machine, welding machines, radial drilling machine, a spare parts depot, along with 2 overhead cranes with a load bearing capacity of 60 and 15 tonnes each. This facility is managed by a team of technical experts from the industry with rich experience in rotor overhaul jobs.
With the existing manufacturing and component repair facilities, the Rotor Overhaul Facility makes CEL a total gas turbine solutions provider operating from one Integrated Campus.
In the first year of operation, CEL has carried out 5 Rotor Overhauls.
- Complete Rotor Overhaul of MS 6001 Gas Turbine - Reliance Industries Limited, Baroda
- Complete Rotor Overhaul of MS 6001 Gas Turbine - Reliance Industries Limited, Hazira
- Complete Rotor Overhaul of MS 6001 Gas Turbine - Reliance Industries Limited, Patalganga
- Run out checks and tip turning for 300 MW HP/IP Steam Turbine – Siemens Limited, Baroda
- Frame 5 Gas Turbine: Generator Rotor Retaining Ring removal – Siemens Limited, Baroda